BED REST MOMMY-TO-BE RESOURCES

BED REST MOMMY-TO-BE RESOURCES

Monday, July 18, 2011

| 32 | Advice from the Pros; Fellow (Hospital) Bed Rest Mommies

So today marks me at 35 weeks and 2 days; also, 1 week and 1 day in the hospital. I am holding up, as is my little favorite, Baby Josie. Really, it is just another waiting game. Soon this will all be a distant memory and goodness, I can not wait!


I asked some other hospital bed rest mommies some advice for getting through hospital bed rest. Below, I have some of that information for you. Also, do not forget to visit previous posts because a lot of the resources that pertain to at home bed rest mommies, overlap with hospital bed rest mommies.  


All of these hospital bed rest mommies are from the Bed Rest Club via BabyCenter.com:


#1 | "Take your own pillows and pjs.  Most doctors will let you wear your own pjs instead of hospital gowns.  Makes you feel half way normal!!"


#2 | "Also, bring a bathmat and towels from home.  I only got to shower twice a week for 5 minutes sitting down, but it was so nice to step out onto a bathmat and not a flimsy hospital towel.  Also, I lived in yoga pants, sports bras and maternity tshirts.  I had so many visitors for my 26 day stay and it was nice to get out of my pajamas daily and feel human.  Also, my sister brought me some photos in frames from home and a nice cheerful quilt/bedspread to brighten up the room.  I also kept lots of snacks in my room.  I am not sure what the rules are at each hospital, but at mine I got to pick my meal choices for all 3 meals daily.  There were forms for each meal and someone would pick them up daily.  Ask the person if there are any specials and write them in if interested.  I also learned you can write in special orders- if I checked off omelette, I could write in (add cheese and bacon), if I ordered the grilled chicken sandwich I could write in add grilled onions and provolone, etc...  I could pretty much write down anything they had in cafeteria even if it was not on my menu.  One last word of advice was bring a universal remote.  My hospital room just had a remote with up and down buttons and it would take forever to get to channels I wanted.  Brother in law bought me universal remote so I could punch in numbers."


#3 | "laptop or ipad for surfing the net! Bring your own clothes I agree with that. especially comfy bras."


#4| "Bring your own blankets and pillows. They're much more comforting than what the hospital provides you with. Get a big calendar so you can mark off every day your in the hospital, it helps you feel a sense of accomplishment!"


#5 | "It sounds kinda childish but I made a paper chain of the number of days I had till I was due and put an inspirational quote on each one and hung it up in my hospital room. It was nice to watch it get smaller and smaller and it was good to go back and read all the quotes and saying when I was down!"

Don't forget to check out my other blog entries for 
Bed Rest Mommy-To-Be Resources & Tips!

"It may not be easy, but it is possible."

No comments:

Post a Comment