BED REST MOMMY-TO-BE RESOURCES

BED REST MOMMY-TO-BE RESOURCES

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

| 26 | Be Proactive - Clear Communication


http://pinterest.com/pin/47795809/

Clear communication between you and your healthcare provider(s) is so important.  I have not had a good experience/communication with my healthcare providers throughout my bed rest and think that things could be a little bit easier if that were not true.  

The day I was "prescribed" bed rest, I was told "well we want you on bed rest, hope you have short term disability, if not looks like your husband will need to get a second job, see you next week, if anything happens you can not blame yourself".  No joke. If I knew then, what I know now...

You must discuss with your doctor, in detail, what activities she/he will allow you to do. Sidelines has a bedrest checklist that is designed to help you know what questions to ask. These questions can help make communication clearer for you, your family, and your doctor. It helps to be clear on what activities are and are not allowed! Use the checklist or a journal to write down questions and take notes. This requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. To download the free reader click here.

Don't forget to check out my other blog entries for 
Bed Rest Mommy-To-Be Resources & Tips!

"It may not be easy, but it is possible."

No comments:

Post a Comment