BED REST MOMMY-TO-BE RESOURCES

BED REST MOMMY-TO-BE RESOURCES

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

| 18 | INSPIRATION - A Focused Bed Rest Mommy

photo: happysigns via ETSY

Here is the story of a fellow bed rest momma, Michelle, who gets by day-to-day through finding inspiration and staying focused.  

"After two miscarriages and one healthy son, now three years old, I was fairly sure that the 12 week mark in any pregnancy was the sure-fire, magic number. Reach that goal and everything would be smooth sailing! 

So this past March, at my 20 week ultrasound for my current pregnancy, the one where we were just supposed to find out if it was a girl or a boy, my husband and I were taken back when we got more than we had bargained for. Not only were we told we were having another boy (good news!) but we were also informed that I had an incompetent cervix and that I’d be in surgery for an emergency cerclage the next day. I could barely remember what my cervix was and never had heard of a cerclage. 

But here I am, 83 days later, 83 long days of laying on my left side either at home or at the hospital, keeping my newest son cooking! While bed rest has been an enormous sacrifice, one that is filled with difficulty and doubt, I have had a lot of time to reflect and learn. Part of what has kept me afloat is focusing on inspiration for things I would like to accomplish once I am back on my feet. 

As a 7th grade Language Arts teacher when not on bed rest (and mom to a fore mentioned toddler and 15 year old stepdaughter), I rarely have the leisure to browse the web and hunt for inspiration. I have taken full advantage of the time I’ve been given to do so while living horizontally!"

My favorite site for cataloging inspiration is Pinterest:

My favorite site for sharing my own inspiration as well as finding unique gifts and goods is Etsy.

My shops on Etsy:

Some of my favorite shops for baby/kid goods:

Best wishes to those of you on bed rest! May your days be filled with as much patience as possible. Keep ‘em cooking! 

- Michelle
Don't forget to check out my other blog entries for 
Bed Rest Mommy-To-Be Resources & Tips!

"It may not be easy, but it is possible."

No comments:

Post a Comment