BED REST MOMMY-TO-BE RESOURCES

BED REST MOMMY-TO-BE RESOURCES

Thursday, June 16, 2011

| 15 | Today's Time Passer, Tomorrow's Treasure

photo: aboundingtreasures via ETSY
I have mentioned, briefly, in one of my first blog entries, how I am creating a "Journey to Baby Josie" book. Even though I'm on bed rest, and this has been a roller coaster ride, I do want to remember my pregnancy through pictures and words. I can not tell you how enjoyable it is to be making this book.  


I have been taking pictures since I found out I was pregnant. Those go into the book. Also, anything from inspirational quotes, my Facebook status update, verses from children's books, how I am feeling when a particular picture was taken, go in to the book. And of course Josie's many ultrasound pictures. I can spend hours working on this, hence the "today's time passer, tomorrow's treasure.".


So how am I making this book? I am using www.blurb.com and I love it. I also made my wedding guest book from this website. You create a free account and software downloads onto your computer. It is like scrap booking, but electronically. Approaching my 8th month this weekend, I have about 50 pages complete in this "Journey to Baby Josie" book. What a book this will be. Oh, while creating an account is free, there is a fee for printing this professional bound treasure... well worth it!


I am so excited to read to our princess when she gets here. I do have some of your typical baby books waiting for her, but I was thinking that I would love to make a few books. Now I am talking simple picture books with a few words, for I am not poet or writer. So, I think I am going to make a "Josie's Family" book. Collect pictures of everyone in our family and make a book.  Something simple like having a photo of a family member and listing their name (Mom, Dad, Oma, Uncle Steve, Aunt Katherine, etc.). Now when reading parenting articles, "they" say that babies love faces. So what better way to create a learning treasure that baby will love then creating your very own photo book of family faces.


Now for this creation, I plan to use www.shutterfly.com. I feel Shutterfly is a better internet source for a more small and simple book. 


See Mommies, now these are literally today's time passers, tomorrow's treasures!


Don't forget to check out my other blog entries for 
Bed Rest Mommy-To-Be Resources & Tips!



"It may not be easy, but it is possible."

No comments:

Post a Comment